1. Get active – go and do something. This feels contrary to how you maybe feeling, yet research suggests that exercise is great to beat depression.
2. Connect - Ring a friend and make contact with someone you feel safe with
3. Laugh – go to a movie and have a good laugh. Research shows that laughing is great to beat the blues. It’s hard to be down when you’re laughing!
4. Do something for someone – helping someone else takes your mind off what is making you depressed now.
5. Make healthy choices - Make sure you are eating and sleeping well. Good sleep and diet and exercise will help you feel better about yourself.
Check out these websites for more information if you have a more serious depression that requires professional intervention.